Teacher Subject Specialist Training - Modern Languages
We are delighted to offer TSST in Secondary Modern Foreign Languages during 2019/20!
The purpose of teacher subject specialism training is to improve the subject knowledge of non-specialist teachers and returning teachers, and increase the number of hours taught. We are offering TSST in French, Spanish and German
Teacher subject specialism training in secondary modern foreign languages (MFL) was launched in 2016 to 2017. In addition to non-specialists and returning teachers, this programme is available to specialist MFL teachers who are not currently teaching MFL but who need refresher training, to enable a move back to an MFL role. This training could also be of benefit to teachers who may be able to teach a second language in addition to their specialist subject.
This training is free of charge for participants.
Our programme will include 12 taught, face-to-face hours delivered by Specialist Leaders in Education, through twilight sessions. These will run from 3.45pm to 5.45pm at South Bromsgrove High School. We will provide full 12 month subscriptions to an online language learning platform and 12 month membership to the Association of Language Learning. Training will begin in the Spring Term 2019/20 and dates are as follows.
- 6th February 2020
- 27th February 2020
- 19th March 2020
- 2nd April 2020
- 7th May 2020
- 14th May 2020
Eligible participants for this include:
- teachers not currently teaching MFL with post A level MFL qualifications
- teachers not currently teaching MFL who have good A level qualifications
- teachers not teaching MFL who are native/ near native speakers
- non-specialist teachers currently teaching MFL in addition to their specialist subject
- specialist MFL teachers who are not currently teaching MFL and who need refresher training to enable a move back to an MFL role
- specialist MFL teachers who have the capacity to teach a new language in addition to their language specialism
- teachers who are looking to return to the profession
- overseas trained teachers
- Primary trained teachers who will be teaching Y7/8
TSST courses are free of charge to teachers needing or wanting to refresh their knowledge in order to return to the classroom, or to offer a second language.
To find out more or to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org