Leading Through Coaching
New Date: Tuesday 21st April 2020
Start 'Leading Through Coaching' and learn the essential skills required to develop your staff on this definitive introduction to becoming a coach in education.
About the Level 1 Foundation in Coaching Skills course
Great leaders use their coaching skills to guide teachers to reflect on their own practice, help them to identify problems, create their own solutions and encourage them to accept responsibility for their own professional development and teaching practice.
AND … Coaching has a powerful impact in the classroom and for whole school improvement including:
- Coaching fosters team spirit
- Coaching develops a 'Growth Mindset'
- Coaching grows self-esteem, develops pedagogy and encourages innovation
- Coaching provides personalised CPD that is sustained
- Coaching gets tangible results
This one day course is a practical and relevant training day that provides the definitive introduction to becoming a coach in education.
Who should attend and what you will learn:
Suitable for school or team leaders in all phases who are keep to develop their staff, you will learn how to become a coach in education through:
- An introduction to key coaching tools
- Understanding the principle of coaching
- When to coach and when to mentor
- Listening skills
- Questioning and understanding
- How to create goals
- Dealing with difficult conversations
- Developing confidence and celebrating success
Benefits to your school:
- A cost effective, high impact skills set that will help staff to achieve their potential
- Ability to implement your own coaching programme within your school
- Staff are more motivated, engaged and confident in their role
- Faster, more effective progress for staff and students
- Staff become more effective practitioners and leaders
- Improved teaching and whole school improvement
- Building capacity for leadership and identifying future leaders
- Promotes self-directed professional learning
Accredited by the Institute of Education Coaching, completion of this training course will mean you leave the programme with Level 1 Introduction to Coaching Accreditation and a toolkit of immediately useful skills and techniques.
'Leading Through Coaching' can be delivered to your school through on-site training or you can book individual places on our training courses held at South Bromsgrove High. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss training for your school.